There are so many ways that you can be kind to others.
It doesn't take a lot of effort or time to impact positively another person’s day in a meaningful way!
Deliberate, planned expression of kindness helps everyone, enhance our relationships, and adds to the quality and abundance of life.
Here are a few to get you started!
- Collect books for your local library.
- Make a donation to your favourite charity.
- Eat lunch with a new colleague, co-worker or school mate.
- Volunteer to do grocery shopping for a senior.
- Return your shopping cart (and someone else’s) to the cart stall.
- Surprise someone with flowers or a special treat.
- Call your parents, sibling, or someone else to get caught up.
- Visit a friend or neighbour, co-worker in the hospital.
- Start a conversation with someone whom you do not usually speak with.
- Make a donation to an animal shelter.
- Give a homeless person a hot drink and muffin.
- Offer to shovel snow or mow a lawn for someone with mobility issues.
- Volunteer at your child’s school, your church, in your community, or a seniors home.
- Leave a note of appreciation.
- Drop off warm clothes or toiletries to a shelter.
- Clean up a park or sidewalks in your community.
- Sign up for organ or tissue donation.
- Bake a special treat and take it to work to share.
- Buy one thing for a Food Bank each time you go grocery shopping.
- Run an errand for a senior in your neighbourhood.
- Help someone who is lost with the directions.
- Acknowledge service providers and tell them they are appreciated.
- Set aside time to volunteer for a worthy cause.
- Leave a bit earlier so you have time to be friendly on the road.
Be Kind. Make a Difference. Today.